Buju needs to do better
Readers reaction to column by Garth Rattray – Buju, Dat Nuh Right!, published on Monday, October 26, 2020. Via Gleaner Online.
• Buju sounds like a dunce. I bet if he or his loved ones were to catch COVID-19 he wouldn’t be so cavalier about “who fi dead must dead”.
Also, when he is sick, does he avoid taking medicines that were created by “intellectual fools” and the treatment being provided by “intellectual fools”?
It’s always unfortunate when people within the public realm use their platform to spread foolishness. As I was once told, “If you don’t have anything good to say, shut up.” Perhaps Buju may want to adhere to this wise advice.
– Adrian E
• Couldn’t agree more. In addition, people dying from cancer usually have their loved ones at their bedside ushering them over, but people dying from COVID-19 die alone. Loved ones rarely have the chance to say their final goodbyes.
• Thank you, Doc, di Gargamel wrong, a mi greatest DJ but him bun one grade too many.
– Kirk D
• The only thing Buju can do now is to reverse his words and go in the complete opposite direction. He must publicly be as vociferous with this as was his videos. He must try and use his social media platforms to inform his fans and followers that he made a mistake and apologise. He must become an advocate of wearing masks and to follow all the other protocols. This is the only road he has to travel at this time.
• A good article, Dr Rattray, and hopefully Buju will consider the information. Maybe he was having an off day, maybe exhausted, tired of not being allowed to do what he does best, which is to perform on stage.
Sometimes social media exposes us when we are at our worst as we just let it all out as we are feeling, post something and then regret it.
Please, Buju, rationally consider the facts.