Welcome to the world - Babies born in 2020
Babies born in 2020
William MacNeile Dixon once said, “Birth is the sudden opening of a window, through which you look out upon a stupendous prospect. For what has happened? A miracle. You have exchanged nothing for the possibility of everything” to describe the great sense of hope a new child brings to a family. The year 2020 has ended, but the journey for the tiny tots who made their debut last year, and brought endless joy to their families, is only just beginning.
• Romain Virgo received the perfect gift for his 30th journey around the sun. The reggae crooner and wife Elizabeth welcomed twin girls into the world on Romain’s birthday, January 24.
• Following the cutest announcement in September 2019 – a pair of pink babies’ booties in the foreground and loving parents in the back – Tessanne Chin and husband Brandon Crooks welcomed daughter Zaia Christine Crooks in early 2020.
• Four-time Olympic medallist and breast cancer survivor Novlene Williams-Mills and husband Jameel Mills had two reasons to celebrate in 2020 following the birth of their twin boys – Jamari and Jameir – on April 4.
• A stunning reveal, tagged “our biggest blessing” and backed by a star-studded team (Neko Kelly as creative director; Adrian McDonald, photographer; Sue Gregg on make-up; and Hair by Jhade performing hair duties) heralded the arrival of Olympia Lightning Bolt, the daughter of Kasi Bennett and the world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt. The doting parents shared the first photos of the beautiful tot in July.
• West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell and wife Jassym Lora Russell welcomed a daughter in 2020 – Amaiah S. Russell.
• Narmeo Walker, a private in the Jamaica Defence Force, proposed to Tashanna McCourty at midnight on New Year’s Day, January 1, 2019, as fireworks lit up the waterfront. The two wed on July 5 and welcomed a daughter in December – Emmiah Asatia Alleta Narmeo Walker.
• Entrepreneur and social media influencer Amita Persaud Webb, gave birth to daughter number two in April. Aasmi joins big sister Avani.
• “Being alive and being one with God is one thing, but Dylann Drew is definitely my biggest blessing for 2020,” said supergirl Denyque as she spoke about the newest addition to her family. Dylann Drew entered the world on March 9. She is the second child for the singer and her husband, Careem Mullings. They have a son, Connor Dash Mullings.
• Little Xiara Weir – daughter of Warren Weir and fiancée Alexan Stewart – entered the starting blocks of life on May 13. She joins big sister Gabrielle.
• Coppershot Disco’s Daniel Moreno and fiancée Tanhoi Sinclair welcomed their daughter Zarah in June.
• Warrior mom Tara Montaque was diagnosed with stage-one non-invasive breast cancer in February and valiantly fought the disease while pregnant with her second son. Tara and husband Joseph welcomed Kyrie into the world in July. He joins older brother Yuri.
• Valentina Mairi MacSween – the daughter of Nell Robinson and fiancé Rod MacSween – entered the world on November 16.
• Jamaica and Bayer Leverkusen forward Leon Bailey and Stephanie Hope welcomed a son – Leo Bailey.
• Charis Imani Elise Lewis was born to Dr Sara Lawrence Lewis and husband Major Noel Lewis. The tot joins big brother Zachery Smith.
• After a stylish pregnancy, filled with A-plus maternity looks, Jamaica-born Keyshia Ka’oir Davis and husband Gucci Mane closed out the year with the birth of a son, Ice Davis.