Man arrested in fatal shooting of Migos rapper Takeoff
Police have arrested a 33-year-old man in the fatal shooting of rapper Takeoff, who was killed last month outside a bowling alley in Houston.
Houston police announced Friday that Patrick Xavier Clark has been charged with murder in connection with Takeoff’s death.
Born Kirsnick Khari Ball, Takeoff was the youngest member of Migos, the Grammy-nominated rap trio from suburban Atlanta that also featured his uncle Quavo and cousin Offset.
The 28-year-old musician was one of three people police said were shot outside the downtown bowling alley around 2:30 a.m. on November 1, when a dispute erupted as about 40 people were leaving a private party at the alley.
Police have said another man and a woman suffered non-life-threatening gunshot injuries during the shooting, in which at least two people opened fire.
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said the day after the shooting that Takeoff was “well respected,” and there was “no reason to believe he was involved in anything criminal at the time.”
Migos’ record label, Quality Control, mourned Takeoff’s death in a statement posted on Instagram that attributed it to “senseless violence.”
Fans and other performers, including Drake and Justin Bieber, celebrated Takeoff’s musical legacy in a memorial service last month in Atlanta.
Follow The Gleaner on Twitter and Instagram @JamaicaGleaner and on Facebook @GleanerJamaica. Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.